Change is good

Saturday, May 30, 2009

One week down and I know that the new job is going to be at once challenging and fun. I'll be on information overload for a while, I can tell (and have verified with several inside sources), but I like it. My last couple weeks at my old job proved to me that I made the right decision in leaving. While there are some great people that work there, the 2-3 running the department are passive-aggressive, and arguably borderline incompetent. My boss (of whom I was never a fan) didn't even show up on my last day (a gift really, but still showing her true colors once again).

All of it made my first day at the new job even nicer. People are committed to their jobs, to the organization, and the leadership. It's refreshing actually. My boss is intelligent and approachable and already I enjoy working with her. I think we'll have a great collaborative relationship, which is awesome.

So, although my brain will be tired for months to come, I am glad that I took a risk and made a big change. I hope some of my former coworkers are as proactive and as fortunate since many of them are guaranteed to be laid off. I have my fingers crossed for them, but they also have to be ready to act... sooner rather than later.

0 comment(s):

 
Everyone wants to be Irysh - by Templates para novo blogger